POSITION: RUNNER / PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
START DATE: September 2018
Are you someone who loves juggling multiple projects at once and working on films that really make a difference? Then this could definitely be for you!
Inspired Films is looking for a super-organised, enthusiastic and tech-savvy Runner / Production Assistant with experience of production to assist their multi award-winning in-house creative team, producing branded content, human interest stories, impact films and animations for some of the UK’s leading brands and not for profit organisations.
Candidates will need to be very process-driven, very tech-minded, have a solid understanding of the industry; knowing the ins and outs of the production process and enjoying mucking in and getting their hands dirty wherever needed.
There’s lots of room for the right candidate to grow and develop in this role, with many opportunities to dip in to a range of other areas and responsibilities within production and beyond
Based at our offices at Elstree Studios (Borehamwood, WD6).
- DIT – backing up and thoroughly archiving all rushes, assets and delivered items
- Managing and updating the company’s project management system (currently Basecamp)
- Preparing call sheets and risk assessments in pre-production
- Running, assisting and co-ordinating on shoots
- Co-ordinating production schedules and logistics for multiple projects on the go
- Booking talent, crews, facilities and travel
- Liaising with our roster of clients and suppliers (including speaking on the phone and attending meetings as part of our team)
- Preparing expense summaries and cost reports
- Working across multiple projects simultaneously across different genres and styles
Required Skills / Experience
- Attention to detail and organisational skills (bordering on OCD is acceptable!)
- At least (1) years’ relevant production industry experience is a definite advantage
- Being able to navigate around Adobe Premiere, particularly the ability to create proxy files
- Production equipment knowledge
- High technical competency using both PCs and Macs including an understanding of networking and drive management
- Proficiency with Google Drive, Dropbox and Microsoft Office – Word and Excel a must
- Excellent written and communication skills
- A good understanding of the social media and digital arena
- The ability to thrive under pressure and manage multiple projects at once
- Experience using project management and communication systems and Media Management programs (for archiving) is a distinct advantage
- Full clean driving licence and your own car is mandatory (we will cover business costs)
If you are interested, please get in touch. Send your short cover letter and CV (including video links or showreel if you have one) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the title “Website: Runner / PA”
Inspired Films is a National Living Wage Employer.