Inspired is a multi-award winning content creation agency. We’re looking for a talented editor to join our team. Please see below for more details and info on how to apply.
START DATE: ASAP
INITIAL TERM: Permanent position
BASED: ELSTREE STUDIOS, BOREHAMWOOD, WD6
SALARY RANGE: £37k – £45k pa (STE)
Are you someone who loves editing multiple projects at once and working on films that really make a difference? Then this could definitely be for you!
Inspired is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Editor to assist our multi award-winning in-house creative team, producing branded content, impact films, human interest stories, short form social films and animations for some of the UK’s leading brands and agencies.
You must be super-organized and reliable and happy editing in the office and at home, as well as being out on location.
Candidates must have previous experience in cutting short form doc, branded content and corporate film. The candidate will need strong storytelling abilities, being able to tell emotive stories about sensitive topics in a compassionate way, but also creative flair for slick corporate and branded content films.
Additionally, we’d be looking for people with a solid understanding of the industry; knowing the ins and outs of the production process and enjoying mucking in wherever needed. There are also opportunities to originate and pitch content and project ideas.
There is an opportunity to evolve the position into a Head of Post Production role, as we build the post time and bring in junior editors to work alongside you.
Based at our offices at Elstree Studios (Borehamwood, Hertfordshire WD6) but with hybrid working an option, this is a permanent position
Skills / Experience
- At least five (5) years’ experience of editing in Premiere, including workflows and technical knowledge
- After Effects, Colour Grading (Da Vinci Resolve or Baselight) and production equipment knowledge a distinct advantage
- High competency using both PCs and Macs
- Excellent written and communication skills
- DIT – backing up and thoroughly archiving all rushes, assets and delivered items (eg ShotPut Pro)
- A good understanding of the social media and digital arena
- A passion for storytelling
- The ability to thrive under pressure and manage multiple projects at once
- Knowledge on how to set up and operate 4k broadcast cameras (eg Sony FS7) is an added bonus but not a job requirement
- Experience using project management and communication systems (such as Frame IO and Basecamp) and Media Management programs (archiving) is an advantage
- Client facing experience an advantage
If you are interested, please get in touch. Send your short cover letter or email and work samples with the title “Editor – FACEBOOK” to email@example.com
PLEASE send us only examples of films with strong storytelling and films that feature dynamic creative content, this will give us a better understanding of your skills in line with what we are looking for, you can then back this up with an overall showreel. If you do not send this, we cannot consider your application.
Please note this is not an entry level position.